Thursday, April 3, 2014

for the ones who followed

it is relief to write again. ink on paper, words on screen. the excuse i use when i cease to write is that i am busy living "actual life", but what is writing if not actual life? i claim not writing is because life is great and i am deeply involved, but truthfully it is usually a symptom of the opposite.

i need to write. i need to process.

i am a writer.

the thought of returning to public writing is one that brought excitement and peace, but i knew i couldn't return to where i once wrote (which i won't link or mention here, and prefer you didn't either). to write the way i wish to, i need anonymity. 

but besides that.

i am not the woman who wrote in my other space anymore. i look at her and her posts, and she is not me. not anymore. so much has happened in the nearly a year that i haven't written there, that i am not even a shadow of her anymore, i am not her

so i needed a space for me.

this is that space. and if you followed me here: welcome. and if you didn't follow me here but arrived here new: welcome, so did i. 

7 comments:

  1. Love.

    I'm so full of excitement for you and me (as the reader, of course).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so grateful that you've shared this with me. I'm excited to read what you have to say (without fear of repercussion) and to follow your journey!

    Exactly what Kate said.

    Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy you're back - and that you've shared it with me. i understand needing the silence of "no one knowing who you are" it gives a certain freedom. <3 heres to new beginnings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you are back!! 😍😍 I've missed you and your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed you and your writing! And I know what you mean about not being that person anymore..I've been feeling much of the same since my mini blog break before our wedding. It's crazy what changes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this so much!! I totally respect your need for privacy. I often wonder if that's the better way to go with blogging so that you don't offend people or have people judging you when they know you in real life. Hmm...maybe someday I'll write anonymously....

    ReplyDelete